Author interview link of this post: Old version link: [Longmen Interview] (Shameless Warlock) Author Deep Blue Coconut Juice – Resolutely not looking for female authors New version link: [Longmen Interview] (Shameless Warlock) Author Deep Blue
Author interview link of this post: Old version link: [Longmen Interview] (Shameless Warlock) Author Deep Blue Coconut Juice – Resolutely not looking for female authors New version link: [Longmen Interview] (Shameless Warlock) Author Deep Blue Coconut Juice – Resolutely not looking for female authors
[Write on the front]
This post is just some suggestions written for authors and friends who have needs in this regard, and the content is mostly my own experience. Of course, since I’m just an old man on the street, and it’s the words of a family, the limitations are naturally great. Friends who are interested can take a look. If you are lucky enough to help a little, it can be regarded as my post @林江仙at the invitation of a friend is not worthless.
【Why write an outline? 】
Before the main text, let’s talk about why you need to write an outline. There is no shortage of talented writers in the online texts, no outline is needed, and millions of words are written in one go. But most people like you and I probably don’t have that kind of talent. A complete outline of the main body can at least make you less confused on the way of writing.
【Why write a detailed outline? 】
personal habit. As far as I know, many mature writer friends have similar habits. As for good or bad habits, it is a matter of opinion. I personally think that the outline can help control the overall context, and the fine outline is the only way to enhance the fluency of writing. My outline is usually written in chapters. Basically, a 3,000-word chapter needs a outline of 250 to 350 words. With this outline as the backbone, it will be very smooth when writing. The plot is described, polished, and connected.
By the way, when I personally don’t write a detailed outline, the speed of the code words fluctuates up and down. When it is slow, it may take two hours and one chapter. Later, after the detailed outline, the speed is basically stable at 4,000 per hour. Except for the new book period, of course.
The biggest advantage of fine outline for me is that the writing is very smooth and comfortable.
【Writing of outline】
It seems that many friends do not know how to write an outline. In fact, there are many methods. The ones I put forward here are mainly some tricky methods that I have found out by myself. There are three main types, namely map type, scroll type and cramming type.
1. Map style.
An outline writing method that is very suitable for fantasy novels. Write the progress of the plot according to the replacement of the map. This is an outline that I highly recommend for beginners. Because when you just picked up the pen, you have a lot of things in your mind, which may be messy. At this time, you mark the maps that the protagonist needs to go through from weak to strong, and display them separately.
On each map, what plots should take place, the changes in the protagonist’s strength, the joining of supporting roles, what major events are worth marking, what are the cool points and climaxes that make your heart surging when you are thinking… These can all become Outline summary content on a layer-by-layer map.
To be more specific, you can write a concise rhythm outline in the way of succession and transformation, but this is the content of rhythm control, so I won’t repeat it again.
The map-style writing method is the simplest and most effective, but it also has disadvantages, that is, it lacks the overall view, and the advantage is that it is easy to use.
I usually use the split type. When writing a book I usually think about several volumes and what each volume contains. The sub-volume type is usually better written with the progress of the main story.
In general, if your book is not well thought out for later content, you can also write an outline for the first few volumes.
The volume-based outline template is usually an important plot node (beginning; golden finger; background explanation) – the next important plot node – the third important plot node… This kind of trend.
The advantage of the divided volume is that the levels are clear, the rhythm is good, and there is no confusion, and each volume has something to write about. But the requirements for the author itself are a little high. It should be pointed out that after the outline is written, it will be constantly revised, so sometimes you don’t need to worry too much about the outline that you can’t write, what to do and so on. There is a starting point and an ending point. After setting some major nodes at the end, you can create a volume-based outline.
Cramming is a cruder form of outline writing. I personally think that this method is more suitable for clarifying goals and perfecting settings at the beginning of creation.
The premise of cramming is that you have a general framework. After taking the frame, crammed the content directly into it.
The setting method of the framework is basically the same, except that it is set according to the common elements of web texts.
[Protagonist setting], [Supporting character setting], [Golden finger setting], [Main contradiction setting in the Nth stage], [Cool point arrangement]… and so on. The cramming outline is very useful when doing pre-settings, of course, I also default the settings as part of the outline. Among them, the outline in the narrow sense, that is, the main line, can also be written in a cramming style.
The advantage of cramming is that you don’t have to complete all the outline settings in one go. You can fill it in little by little, think about a little today, write a little, and think about another part tomorrow, and write it after you have thought about it, usually about two or three weeks, one A fairly complete outline of the online text (at least the early stage) is completed.
The above three ways of writing are all methods that I personally think are more effective, and I hope they can help everyone. In fact, something like an outline is nothing more than to help you stabilize the main plot, and to help you point out a clear direction when your thoughts are messy. So when writing the outline, the most important thing is to conceive the starting point and the end point (at least the end point of one stage).
The rest are icing on the cake.
[Writing of the outline]
The outline is actually the belly draft of the composition. This is how I wrote it myself: The plot of three thousand words and one chapter, OK, then split it up, a total of three thousand words. To prevent involuntary water injection, write a plot every thousand words. So a chapter needs three plots as skeleton support, which three are they? Write it out, write it in the outline.
The three plots are well conceived. Just write a little bit about the places that you feel you need to remind yourself, and improve the number of characters in almost every plot. Basically, it is almost 250-350 words. If you write the text according to this plot, it will be very smooth.
(As you can see, the volume outline I wrote is not complicated, just some simple main plots and some necessary settings, as well as an estimate of the number of words. There is no need to make the volume outline very complicated, because in the long-term During writing, you will change the plot if you think about it, so don’t worry, just make it clear what to write in this volume. And this volume, what I want to write is the story that happened around Crescent Prison, of course, I wrote It doesn’t matter if I strayed, it only shows that I am very good, and I will be crooked even if I have an outline, hahaha)
(The following is a detailed outline of chapters 182 to 188 of Xinghe. At that time, it was relatively rough, but basically there was an outline. You can refer to it. Everyone has their own. Style, I won’t go into details here. It should be reminded that I don’t have to be so meticulous about the outline, as long as I have the plot in my heart, I am relatively stupid and need to do more homework when writing. The content is my own interpretation of this outline now.)
182. He appeared (two thousand words, two plot supports)
1) Explain Ronan’s thoughts and plans. He told Xiu Yizi to delay this matter. After he finished the fire festival ceremony, he officially found a way to reconcile with He Tianya’s team. Bai Haitang and Luo Nan appeared together, and they entered the Imperial Military Academy with one foot.
2) The people from the Bureau of Investigation rushed up directly, and the next second, they were stopped outside by the people from the Imperial Military Academy. It was a nursing home whose name was Zhou Jun and his name was Tiger King. Like Jinghua Leisu, he is one of the fierce generals of Jinghua Knights.
183. The most popular Tinder festival
1) Because of the appearance of Ronan, this Tinder Festival ceremony has become the most popular Tinder Festival ceremony. There are constantly news coming out from the inside, who and who are among the top figures of the major universities in the nine star regions, only Ronan’s identity this time, under Chen Xuanbin’s attention, Ronan took out the invitation, and it was Recommendation letter from Migratory Bird University. (background setting)
2) Chen Xuanbin wished that Ronan would die, but he did not dare. But this time, the people who participated in the Tinder Festival ceremony were full of talents. There were three people in the House of Lords, Cao Muzi, Bai Haitang, Song Gongbing; there were more than 100 people in the nine star regions, all of whom were geniuses among geniuses. All eyes are higher than the top, and both skills and knowledge are all-rounders. (contradictory setting)
184. More dazzling than genius
185. A bookcase
1) Chen Xuanbin guessed Luo Nan’s identity and was about to order an investigation of his identity, but found that his group of agents had already been killed by him. Thinking of Luo Tiger’s warning, he silently stopped. (cool point settings)
2) In the Imperial Military Academy, countless professors are watching, and a group of young people, (cool setting)
1) Ronan was provoked by Deng Banshan from He Tianya’s team. As a member of the Imperial Military Academy, he hated Ronan very much because Professor He Tianya could not afford to be sick. Ronan took it lightly, but Bai Haitang made a provocative statement. Cao Muzi just glanced at it and didn’t bother to speak. Instead, someone in the crowd looked at Ronan with a bit of murderous intent. That person is the current prince Chen Siguo. Always think about yourself. Bai Haitang commented on various heroes, saying that Deng Banshan was similar to himself, Chen Siguo and Cao Muzi must be at the level of Li Nanbei, and the rest, such as Hyde who was born in the fifth line of the army, may be dark horses. As for Luo Nan, Bai Haitang quietly expressed that he did not want to comment. (Side loading, cool settings)
2) In the back garden of the Imperial Military Academy, Chen Xuanbin likes to work here. He is guessing the identity of Luo Nan. Now, remembering Luo Tiger’s warning, he stopped silently. (Side loading, cool settings)
1) Base 2 officially opened. Everyone was shocked by the sight in front of them. The impact of the hypercube on the vision was undoubtedly very terrifying, and Noah, if it wasn’t for Ronan to press hard, I’m afraid he would be directly visible. (plot design)
2) The first one to take action was Deng Banshan. He climbed the two-story bookcase in one breath and began to hesitate. Obviously, he encountered the most common gravitational field, and his body was obviously uncomfortable. Bai Haitang also shot, and sure enough, it was similar to Deng Banshan. Later, people shot one after another, and they were not as good as the previous two. Until Cao Muzi made his move, he went through the three-story bookcase in one breath and walked into the fourth-story space. Chen Siguo assumed his identity and was about to appear in the finale, but found that Ronan began to fall into a daze. (Climax plot design)
1) His Majesty the Emperor recalled the past and wanted to check the details of Luonan, but he didn’t dare. At this time, someone told him that the ceremony began. (Side foil of the climax plot)
2) A description of the hypercube. (Main line advancement)
3) Deng Banshan was the first to take action. He climbed two levels of bookcases in one breath and began to hesitate. Obviously, he encountered the most common gravitational field, causing obvious discomfort to his body. Bai Haitang also shot, and sure enough, it was similar to Deng Banshan. Later, people shot one after another, and they were not as good as the previous two. Until Cao Muzi made his move, he went through the three-story bookcase in one breath and walked into the fourth-story space. Chen Siguo assumed his identity and was about to appear in the finale, but found that Ronan began to fall into a daze. (climax setting)
[Written at the back]
So much has been said about the content of the outline and the detailed outline. I am actually a gifted and stupid writer myself, and I can help you to a limited extent. I will share more with you when I have the opportunity.
This post is linked to the Longmen interview before.